Random Facts About Me | Arie Frazier
Updated: Apr 21, 2019
I figured I should probably sit down and write some sort of introductory post so that everyone could get a feel for me. But when I started writing, it was boring. I’m sorry, but my life is boring. At least when you try to talk about it in a five hundred (ish) word essay. And no offense, but I’m pretty sure most everybody’s life is pretty boring in that format. Unless you’re like an archaeologist studying the pyramids of Egypt, or the first person to discover the lost city of Atlantis (both of which are really my dream careers).
So, instead I decided to do something I saw on a YouTube video, because I watch too much YouTube, but honestly, who doesn’t? Anyway, I decided to just give you some random facts about me, because I think those lists are actually interesting, and a lot quicker to read. So here they are, in no particular order (even though they’re numbered), 16 random facts about me.
1. I love making lists. Kinda obvious, I know. But even though I love making them, that does not mean I will follow them, or cross things off them, or even remember I’ve made them once they’re done. I just enjoy the act of making them.
2. I wanted to be a gymnast when I was a kid. And then I wanted to be an Egyptologist. So basically, I wanted to study ancient Egypt while performing a stunning floor routine.
3. I would prefer the seasons to go from spring directly to fall. Seriously, I detest summer with a fiery, burning passion.
4. When I was in middle school, I broke my leg, but I never told my parents because I was so scared that I would get in trouble (my parents weren’t mean, I just worried about everything)
5. I’ve suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember (see above) but was only officially diagnosed after the birth of my second daughter.
6. I’ve moved 16 times in my life and lived in 7 states, and no, I was not an army brat.
7. I love anything peppermint flavored.
8. I owned my first house when I was 18.
9. I suffered from a rare gestational disease called ICP when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter. It was scary and exhausting. Ladies, if you are itchy during your pregnancy or your pee is suddenly dark orange, talk to your doctor and don’t let them blow you off!!
10. Blueberries and apricots make me gag.
11. I got a job working for the forest service when I was 17, and I got paid to take naps.
12. I would love to learn Russian, Japanese and Spanish. I actually used to be fluent in Spanish when I was in high school, but like they say, ‘if you don’t use it, you lose it.’
13. My guilty pleasure is watching YouTube videos about the Mandela Effect.
14. My favorite parts of writing are outlining and revising. If my stories could somehow draft themselves, that would be great.
15. Orchids are my favorite flower.
16. Chinese food and Pepsi would be my last meal.
And this list could go on forever, but I’ll go ahead and stop here. I think this is enough information to get a feel for the type of person I am. I hope you decide to continue on with me and my journey toward publishing.
I hope you have a great day. Remember, every day to; read, write and love.